What we are all About
We are a very low cost health practice who specialise in the delivery of health care to those who are the most in need in our city. Our priority is to enrol those who are homeless, those with a history of drug and alcohol abuse and those who have a mental illness.
Mission and Values
We believe that everyone has a right to maintain good health and to have access to high quality health services. We work to assist those in Wellington’s inner-city, with low or no income, and with other barriers to accessing health care, to achieve and maintain good health.
TAHC we are committed to delivering the best care possible for our clients and we adhere to the following principles:
- we place the patient at the centre of our decision making then develop a care process based on their needs and what they want
- we make our service accessible to those most in need
- we work to empower our patients so, where possible they are able to take long-term responsibility for their health and well-being
- we collaborate and access all the skills within our team and our collaborative partners
- we support and encourage all members of the team and our collaborative partners so we can all work to achieve the highest outcomes.
Te Aro Health Centre (TAHC) was established in 1985 in response to a need for increased health care for those living on the streets of inner city Wellington. Since then the clinic has continued to develop its focus and skills and now works with an extensive range of the more vulnerable populations within central Wellington and surrounding suburbs.
As a measure of the standard and sustained quality of service, TAHC achieved ‘Cornerstone’ accreditation in 2004 and re-accreditation in 2011, then again in 2015 from the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners.
Trust Board Members
Michael Hofmann-Body and Graham Goodison, the board has several advisors, details of these members and how to contact the board are available via reception.
TAHC has a strong history of collaborating with many other agencies. For more information see here.